Location: Reading, Berks
Salary: £30k – £35k + study support if required and benefits
A well-established specialist company supporting the Construction Industry is seeking a Buyer to support the development and application of best practices to the procurement processes that provides the current materials and services supplied at best quality, delivery and cost to the point of use.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and Operations Director, the role of Buyer will involve:
- Coordinate the contracting, sourcing and buying of quality components and materials used in product manufacture. Carry out regular visits to maintain standards and resolve supplier issues
- Assist Risk Mitigation plans based on Supplier performance and commercial risk measurements
- Arrange Supplier meetings with minuted actions and responsibilities
- Ensure Supply Agreements and/or Blanket Orders are in place for approved key suppliers.
- Liaise with both Internal and External customers in order to maintain agreed quality standards and delivery dates.
- Facilitate resolution of Quality and delivery issues relating to Goods received
- Drive appropriate initiatives and continuous improvement programmes in order to add value
- Manage smaller spend suppliers and act as a point of contact for all Internal meetings and challenges
- To maintain and or/update system requirements and KPI’s to monitor progress against targets
- Support cost reduction and productivity programmes
- Engage with new Suppliers, managing the transition and implementation from RFQ stage through to delivery
- NPI new business support
- Deputise for the Supply Chain Leader
A qualification is CIPS in desired but is not essential. Proven experience in a Procurement role within a Construction/Manufacturing environment is key to this role along with contract negotiation experience, an understanding of manufacturing, experience with an ERP based materials management system is essential and a strong analytical approach is required for the role.
This position demands a creative and innovative attitude, someone who can remain calm under pressure, someone who is self-motivated and flexible with practical problem solving skills who is solutions orientated and enthusiastic in willing to learn.
Free parking and an excellent working environment is available for the right candidate.