Role: Credit Analyst
Career Band: S30
PART I: Leadership Responsibility
Required, all jobs have some level of leadership responsibility.
To promote, support and maximise profitable sales through the implementation and maintenance of an effective International credit risk assessment function, thereby optimising the asset base in line with profit and cash flow objectives.
Acknowledging the specific differences in accounting methods across International environments in preparing credit line reviews
PART II: Job Summary
Describe the general purpose of the job; why the job exists. (2 or 3 sentences).
Provide a detailed credit risk assessment through the evaluation of financial statements, credit reports, management accounts, operational performance, security and any other relevant factors in evaluating credit proposals and establishing credit facilities to support the commercial objectives and promote profitable sales, whilst ensuring an acceptable level of reward against risks taken. Ensuring that credit assessments are compiled within the parameters of Harley-Davidson’s International Credit Standards and that any conditions approved within the approval of facilities are monitored, maintained and adhered to. Establish strong working relationships with dealers, distributors and H-D subsidiaries.
PART III: Key Results Areas (1 – 6) NO MORE THAN
List the Key Results Areas (KRA’s) from PEP and a brief description.
Complete a minimum number dealer of dealer file reviews in line to an agreed schedule
- Ensure that all reviews are approved by the correct authority level
- Communicate the approved level of facilities and associated conditions and security to the local subsidiaries
File Conditions & Security
- Ensure security is properly executed to include the following:
- Ensure legal names are correct and compare to contracted names
- Ensure value is correct and in line with file requirement
- Ensure that all parties have signed including subsidiaries where appropriate
- Ensure that documentation is stored in an appropriate place
- Record and maintain conditions and security in SAP or alternative database for markets where SAP has not been implemented
- Liaise with local FC’s or designated person to advise on security and condition requirements including for renewal of security requests
- Report on detail of expired or non-compliance with security and conditions within monthly KPI reporting for discussion with European Underwriting Manager
- Formulate action plan with local subsidiaries to bring dealers into compliance where conditions or security have not been implemented or have expired
- Ensure that bank security is provided through an Investment Rated bank.
- Preparation of security documentation where required
- Ensure that bad debt losses are maintained within budget
- Liaise with local subsidiaries and European Underwriting Manager to establish any high risk dealer positions
- Prepare escalation reports as appropriate in conjunction with local subsidiaries for submission to European Underwriting Manager
- Monitor dealer watch accounts
- Liaise with local legal counsel where required
Reporting and Documentation
- Compile monthly reports as required on a timely basis
- Ability to generate ad-hoc reports via SAP
- Compile daily reports as required on a timely basis
- Amendments to existing reporting formats and templates as required
- To assist on projects as and when required
PART IV: Job Specifications
Identify the educational and experience requirements, as well as the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to competently perform the job.
The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years credit underwriting experience and have the ability to operate in an International environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required with familiarity in compiling detailed credit risk assessments. The role also requires the ability to interact with all levels of company leadership and staff to resolve business issues on a timely basis. The ability to speak languages other than English is preferred as is an awareness of the automotive market and knowledge of International Trade documentation. Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and SAP are required.