Role: Credit Analyst
A World Class brand within the motor industry is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst with underwriting experience to support their Wholesale Credit Team working with the dealerships.
Reporting to the Head of Credit Management, the role of Credit Analyst plays a pivotal role in the credit management of the commercial finance portfolio (vehicle stocking finance and property mortgages). You will have specific responsibility for part of the commercial finance portfolio working closely with the Group managers, the dealers and any other key stakeholders.
This will involve:
- The ability to interpret financial information.
- Identify risks and give advice and guidance to all stakeholders where needed.
- Responsible for credit decisions within their own authority and the preparation of credit reports with recommendations and presentations to the required authority level, which could be credit colleagues overseas.
- The role of Credit Analyst needs to become fully conversant with the Credit Risk Guidelines and the commercial finance products.
- Responsible for the preparation and issue of funding and security documentation when new facilities are agreed.
- Liaising with the solicitors to complete property funding transactions on behalf of the company.
For the role of Credit Analyst, you will be preferably education to degree standard in a relevant subject and/or accountancy qualification, Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), ICM, CIA with a Finance & Leasing Diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience in the credit assessment of corporate business and asset finance/secured lending is preferred but not essential, along with experience in the motor finance industry. The ability to interpret complex financial information and summarise concisely with above average level of numeracy would be desired, along with finance agreements and legal documentation.
The successful candidate will enjoy extensive benefits in a modern and flexible working environment.