Role: Design Product Developer
Salary: £29k – £33k + benefits
Location: Princes Risborough
A legendary manufacturer, specialising in the Furniture Industry with a luxury brand is seeking a Design Product Developer to work at Princess Risborough on fabric, upholstery and visual merchandising within the design department.
Reporting to the Creative Designers, the role will involve overseeing the fabric sector within the Design team for UK Upholstery. This will involve:
- Working closely with suppliers requesting fabric information
- Communicating with suppliers ensuring fabric selections and swatches are received for exhibitions and meetings
- Entering all the fabric information into a shared spreadsheet for sales and production
- Organisation of the fabrics, fabric archive, organisation of files and images.
- Creation of swatch packs for design, development and sales.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to produce seasonal themes and develop a cohesive range plan across fabric and upholstery both internal and outsourced, based on trends, sales report information, discontinuation requirements to ensure a strong design led commercial offer, developing product both for upholstery and fabric across the retail channels in line with company strategy.
- Liaise with suppliers on design queries, relating to fabrics and upholstery products in development.
- Organise meetings with key fabric suppliers to present their range and source new potential fabric suppliers, creating boards for potential high-street or exclusive ranges and coordinate with digital agencies to get the fabrics scanned for online use.
- Attend fabric shows and visit retail stores to understand trends across fabric, furniture and interiors.
- Collating and managing fabric swatch boards for all ranges across all supply channels for UK ranges along with ensuring fabric boards and charts are up to date.
- Working closely with the upholstery suppliers and partners, maintaining a good knowledge of suppliers within the company network to work on all the ranges and costs, along with conducting research and assisting with the creation of mood boards.
- Providing design, product development and sampling support.
- Liaising closely with the Supply Chain, sales and marketing teams with regards to suppliers, issues and availability, along with attending monthly meetings with all on stock implications and fabric costs, quality standards, price and delivery times.
- Creating fabric codes and communicating fabric introductions and deletions internally.
A creative degree in furniture, textiles, product or graphics is essential and a good knowledge of Creative suite is desired. Previous experience within upholstery or fabrics would be beneficial in a design ledge company. Excellent communication skills, the ability to travel and attend exhibitions and see suppliers is part of the role. Strong organisational skills and a professional approach to your work is essential. Experience within the furniture industry is key to this role.
|Job Category||Design Developer|