Role: Director of International Credit
A Global Iconic legendary brand based in the International Headquarters in Oxford is seeking a Director of International Credit.
Reporting to the Controller in the US, the role of Director of International Credit has responsibility and works closely with the EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America and emerging markets Regional Finance Directors and the Regional Controllers, to ensure the correct implementation of respective credit strategies and policies across the International regions.
In addition you will be responsible to ensure that specific and regulatory requirements by the International Credit Committee (ICC) are adhered to and effectively maintained across the organisation promoting high ethical and integrity standards. The position will be responsible for:
- Implementing credit strategies and policies, working with the EMEA, EM & DM Finance Directors, the regional Controllers and the ICC.
- Developing processes that identify, measure, monitor and control risks incurred through the granting of credit.
- Development of Collection policies for the International markets and Market Collection Guidelines
- Maintaining an organizational structure that clearly assigns responsibility and proper authority levels.
- Ensuring that delegated responsibilities are effectively carried out.
- Recommending internal control policies and monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system.
- Selecting personnel within the credit and collections functions as appropriate based on individual country models.
- Responsibility for the appraisal and recommendation of credit proposals as appropriate.
- Reviewing all new financial programs and initiatives with regards to credit implications, and referring to ICC when appropriate.
- The approval of the credit policy documents for wholesale funding and any others that may be introduced from time to time.
- Monitoring the overall credit portfolio to ensure that an acceptable spread of risk is achieved and maintained.
- Specific Legal and regulatory requirements set forth in writing by the ICC are adhered to.
- Credit risks are managed across the business in a cost-effective manner
- Effectively maintain critical internal and external relationships with stakeholders and working with the regional controllers.
- Managing defaults and/or crisis situations
- Development of market underwriting guidelines to be used in new dealer development and existing dealer communication (benchmarks, guidelines or minimum requirements).
- Managing the performance and development of direct reports to ensure that talent is managed effectively within the business
- Managing the implementation of change across the operation and ensuring that appropriate risk management plans are in place
For the role of Director of International Director you have an awareness of the automotive market and dealership management, International Business to Business Underwriting experience, the ability to operate at a strategic level as well as at a functional level and on an International basis. A degree educated background is desired for this role.
Knowledge of working relationships and cultural issues across markets and strong financial management experience is essential, along with the ability to work closely with all key stakeholders in a collaborative manner. The ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills, excellent project management and problem-solving skills with both excellent oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills and excellent business acumen is key to the success of this role.
This Company has a strong culture, values and mindset and the ability to adhere to these is essential along with a familiarity with the essential processes of credit risk assessment and readily able to demonstrate this in a cross functional environment.