$34k NZD – $38k NZD
Central Otago, New Zealand
Role: Electrical Cable Jointer
Salary: $34k NZD – $38k NZD
Location: Central Otago, New Zealand
Electrical Cable Jointer
With the ongoing growth in the Queenstown and Wanaka areas we have a fantastic opportunity for a Cable Jointer to join our team in Central Otago. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the maintenance and construction on customer distribution and sub-transmission cable assets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Jointing and termination of underground HV/LV power cables, including OH terminations
- Adhere to Company Policies, Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environmental
- Procedures as well as statutory requirements
- Emergency response on customer distribution, sub-transmission cable assets.
You will hold either a level 2,3 or 4 Cable jointer Qualification, Overseas qualified cable jointer with EWRB Electrical Registration or EWRB Current practicing licence.
Experience with the following:
- 400V, 11kV and 33kV underground networks
- Installation of LV pillars/Ped’s, Transformers and Ring Main Units
- Jointing Paper insulated and polymeric cables up to and including 33kv
- Permit management
- Site supervision
- A sound knowledge of various cable products and accessories
- Cable Testing
This role with suit a highly motivated and engaging individual who is results driven and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
Please note: you must possess a current driver’s licence
The Company believe in building the reputations of their people. They provide a diversity of career pathways to allow their employees to reach their full potential and build on their career choices.
They are passionate about what they do and they are proud of who they are. They offer a friendly and supportive environment, promoting teamwork, open communication and career development. Are you up for the challenge?