Role: European Tax Manager
Salary: £55k – £70k
Location: Stamford, Lincs
A specialist company based in Stamford, Lincolnshire is seeking an experienced European Tax Manager – In House to be responsible for the Western Europe local country tax advisers.
The sole role of European Tax Manager will be involved in reporting for the US, UK and Ireland as well as supporting overseas offices.
The role will involve:
- Proficient in multi areas of taxation, including but not limited to: Corporate Income tax, VAT, Transfer pricing, cross border transactions, & tax incentives.
- Interact well with various departments, financial controllers and legal department as well as external auditor and tax advisors.
- Working business knowledge and commercially minded
- Self-starter and self-driven personality.
- Excellent communication skill – able to make sound recommendation and good in following up.
- Ability to meet deadlines, while maintain work quality and accuracy.
- Maintain good working relationships with local country tax advisers
- Well organised, pays good attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Review European countries (primarily Western European) tax returns and provide recommendation.
- Support local Teams in dealing with Tax Authority Audits and compliance issues
- European transfer pricing structure, review and recommendation.
- Maintenance of transfer pricing documentation and filing of CbCr
- US GAAP FAS 109 / ASC 740 tax provision
- Assist with UK and Ireland tax filing and general tax compliance
- Tax support for acquisition, structuring, supply chain planning
- Identify and recommend tax incentives / benefits.
For the role of European Tax Manager, you will need at least 5 years of experience gained in practice or in-house and hold an ACA or CTA (or equivalent) qualification. Excellent communication skills both oral and written are essential for the role.