Role: Full Stack Developer
An award-winning company based in Oxford is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join their team in Oxford to be instrumental in providing an innovative product to support to the medical industry and care industries where acute care is required.
Growing from strength to strength, the role of Full Stack Developer will report to the VP of Engineering and support the User Experience Team in optimising customer experience through the use of the system GUI, ensuring improvements to customers.
Using Node.js backend and web-based frontend, which is used by customers through desktop web browsers and mobile devices, the role will be to evolve the user interface rapidly in response to feedback, ensuring quality through appropriate testing and release processes. New technologies to enhance the product within a compliance environment using industry standard tools such as Git and Jenkins to provide effective solutions.
The role of Full Stack Developer is to work on a growing project with opportunities to lead on design and implementation, designing mock-ups and visiting customer sites to understand user needs, gathering feedback on designs and liaising with teams across the business from Product Management to DevOps. As the business grows this could lead to a sub-team lead and requires the following qualities:
- Love writing good quality code to solve real-world problems in healthcare
- Enjoy building prototypes and iterating based on customer feedback
- Be comfortable in a fast-moving environment where priorities may change quickly
- Feel engaged with the product and what the company does – you want to make a difference
- Be open to feedback and happy to discuss different approaches at stand-up meetings
- Want to learn, be curious and dig into areas that need fixing and improving
- Be pragmatic, self-motivated and goal oriented
It would be an advantage to have experience in any of the following:
Node.js; ECMAScript 6 or above; React or similar frontend application libraries; Webpack; Native Android development; Amazon S; Working in a small team or start-up environment.
An excellent competitive salary and benefits package working within a modern, flexible working environment with an entrepreneurial team.