Role: Head of Sales
Salary: £80k – £90k + 50% bonus + commission (uncapped) on top and benefits.
A unique opportunity for a Financial Services Group to source a new Head of Sales has come up as a result of strategic changes. We are seeking an experienced Head of Sales within a Pension environment to help with the strategic growth . The role will report to the MD’s both in the UK and overseas plus broader Executives in developing and executing the company’s commercia strategy to achieve continuous growth across all the subsidiaries. This will involve maximising revenues via the effective management of existing business along with the identification and conversion of new business sales opportunities and be involved in the promotion of the Company’s products and services via the appropriate intermediated channels. In addition, you will be building and managing a top tier, high performance sales and business development team, along with providing insight into distribution market trends across all jurisdictions. Reporting to the CEO this will involve:
- Develop and implement the Group’s sales strategy across all designated markets and jurisdictions.
- Promote Company products and services to maximise sales opportunities, both direct and via intermediaries
- Build and manage top tier, high performance business development and sales team ensuring that revenues and margins meet business plan targets across all the subsidiaries
- Produce regular reports and updates to the subsidiary MD’s and the Executive outlining businesses progress against agreed sales and revenue targets.
- Working with the MD’s, identify, evaluate, and prioritise potential market opportunities by size, business opportunity, and return on investment.
- Drive the growth of the business through the development of intermediary relationships
- Produce regular overviews of competitor initiatives and propositions
- Make recommendations as appropriate regarding potential future acquisitions and new business opportunities
- Ensure all agreed Sales and Business Development budgets are adhered to
- Ensure sales compliance for all new written business
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organisation in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Collaborate with the Group Marketing team to create a customised marketing strategy for all jurisdictions and product sets
- Lead the overall direction of the Group’s Product Development activity
- Represent the Company at external events and conferences to promote the brand and maximise sales opportunities
- Management of agreed Distribution strategy
- Maximise sales opportunities to achieve agreed growth targets by developing and maintaining client business relationships with key partners and third parties
Summary of Personal Skills & Competencies
- A proven, documented history of sales success in a financial services role.
- Deep technical knowledge of life and pensions products and legislation
- Good understanding of the life, pension and broader retirement markets
- Strong credibility in the life and pensions markets usually obtained from significant experience in this market
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent influencing, decision making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of Sales Process
- Project management at steering group level
- People management, including experience of coaching and developing
- Relationship and account management
Desired Experience & Expertise
- Demonstrable technical experience in Life / Pensions arena
- Strong network of intermediary contacts.
- A proven track record of delivering new business growth
- Experience of translating the principles of Treating Customers Fairly into the business development role
- Experience of managing successful sales and business development functions
- SME experience