Role: Infrastructure Lead
Salary: £45k – £55k
Location: Milton Keynes
A Company within the Financial Services sector going through a recent re-structure is seeking an IT Infrastructure to service a permanent role based in Milton Keynes.
Reporting in to the Head of Group IT, the role of Infrastructure Lead will be the primary purpose of your role and will be to own all aspects of core infrastructure engineering, including the build, operation and support of infrastructure components to meet agreed availability and performance targets and within approved budgets. The ideal person will come from a Technical/ hands-on background.
- Checking systems for Security, Health of IT, servers and systems checks
- Managing a team covering Networking & Infrastructure
- Managing a portfolio of projects
- Involved with MI and data reports
- Involved in Infrastructure design and migrations
- Delivering projects into the Cloud
Required for the role of Infrastructure Lead
- Experience of Networking, Firewalls, WAN/LAN, Servers, Routers
- Understanding of high-level design/ applications
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Office 365
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365, especially Azure AD and Intune implementations.
- Experience in Azure management and implementation.
- Managing numerous portfolio of projects and teams
- Good presentation skills
As the Infrastructure Lead you will be responsible for the day to day engineering of the core infrastructure including networks (WAN, LAN, WiFi, VOIP), infrastructure applications and platforms (Active Directory, G-Suite, SCCM), hosting and cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
The primary purpose of your role will be to own all aspects of core infrastructure engineering, including the build, operation and support of infrastructure components to meet agreed availability and performance targets and within approved budgets.
To succeed in this role of Infrastructure Lead, you will be a highly motivated self-starter, with an excellent understanding of modern-day infrastructure technologies and experience of both insourced and outsourced delivery/operations models.
The ideal candidate will come from a strong technical / infrastructure engineering background having recently held roles as an infrastructure lead or manager with some hands-on responsibility for engineering mission critical infrastructure platforms.
The following attributes and experience are essential for this role:
- Strong and up-to-date technical skills in the areas of managed networks (WAN, LAN, WiFi, VOIP), infrastructure applications and platforms (Active Directory), hosting and cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Recent hands on experience as an infrastructure engineering lead / manager in a customer centric, multi-site business with a strong reliance on high availability infrastructure.
- Extensive experience of delivering and supporting enterprise scale networks including managed WAN/LAN, corporate/public WiFi and cloud-based voice platforms.
- Extensive hands on experience of managing Microsoft domains (Active Directory) and enterprise collaboration platforms (G-Suite or Office365).
- Significant hands on experience of building and operating hybrid on premise/cloud infrastructure platforms with some previous experience of on-premise to cloud workload migrations.
- Significant experience leading infrastructure engineering teams through enterprise scale infrastructure transformation.
- An excellent understanding of enterprise best practice infrastructure management, including use of automation/orchestration, telemetry, monitoring and logging.
- Working knowledge of current and future information security threats and the best way to prevent them.
- Strong people leadership skills, keeping a team motivated and organised whilst balancing multiple delivery priorities with operational management and support.
- High levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an inherent ability to effectively communicate with and influence others up to a senior level.
- Drive and determination to continuously improve stability, security and customer satisfaction.
- Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certified and significant experience in ITIL aligned environments.
|Job Category||Infrastructure, IT|