Role: IT Field Engineer
Location: Norfolk, Bedfordshire and London
Salary: £26k – £28k + Car + Fuel Card + 25 days hols + 8 BH + Pension
A leading software company growing from strength to strength is seeking a Field Engineer to service their clients in the Norfolk, Bedfordshire and London regions.
Reporting to the Product Delivery Manager, the role of Field Engineer will be to deliver installations and training to the customers on their software. This will involve:
- Liaising with the sales team, providing presales advice and updating in the event of issues or sales requirements.
- Liaising with the accounts team on stock availability.
- Work alongside the installations team, escalating incidents, assisting with projects and helping to gather information where required, working with customer IT where required, along with assisting customer service team in call queue where required.
- Working with the managed diary with site visits booked in by the installations team. However, the role will require a level of independence, planning your own time and ensuring attendance at the correct time and administration tasks are fulfilled relating to the jobs.
- You will be required to phone the customers prior to site visits to ensure the customer is prepared for the visit and aware that someone will be completing an installation and maintain an awareness of booked jobs and deal with queries.
- Project documentation, updating of the CRM to ensure the company has records of interactions with customers and updating bespoke systems with information about deployment type.
- Installing company applications within customer and office environments, installing MS SQL and deploying databases, fault finding of issues found on installation sites, configuring RDS/TS environments.
- Face to face and remote training on company applications, both one to one and group training.
Ideally you will be educated to A Level standard or suitable experience with an IT or training qualification. An excellent understanding and use of CRM systems; an understanding of the use of remote access technologies such as WebEx is essential. You will also need strong customer service skills, be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and fault find IT issues in a Windows environment and product knowledge of MS Office suite and Windows Server is also demanded in this role, plus the ability to install software and an understanding of how software can be deployed.
A positive “can do” attitude is essential, along with the ability to work under pressure and cope with changing priorities with a calm disposition. Excellent written and spoken communication skills and time management skills are desired.