Role: IT Project Manager (FTC)
Status: 12-month Fixed Term Contract initially
Salary: £60k – £70k
Location: Milton Keynes
A Company within the Financial Services sector going through a recent re-structure is seeking an IT Project Manager to service a 12-month fixed term contract initially.
Reporting to the Group Head of IT, the role of IT Project Manager will be to develop, implement and manage the Group’s IT strategy whilst maintaining a robust service delivery model within the regulated business with the following key responsibilities:
• To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line with the Group news ensuring all compliance with all regulatory environments.
• Review the Group’s current IT landscape and capability and make recommendations as appropriate.
• You will be responsible for both maximising opportunity within day to day IT processes and defining and delivering the longer term digital and technology goals and strategy.
• To lead the Information Management team in the development and implementation of information systems across the Group network, including working with key developers and customers.
• To be responsible for the network infrastructure, it’s maintenance, development and ongoing availability
• Ensure the hardware and server infrastructures are maintained and developed in line with IT strategy
• To manage the further development and implementation of ongoing projects and initiatives.
• Develop plans for ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of all IT systems
• Ensure the successful delivery of project management milestones for IT related projects.
• To manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met, and results delivered.
• To manage the relationships with (and between) external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
• To manage the annual IT budget and any associated funds.
• To line manage and develop the IT team, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results.
• To develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs in the event of major incidents or disasters.
For the role of IT Project Manager you will need previous experience in designing technical architecture, systems integration and management of projects, planning, prioritisation and administration of work are essential along with the ability to be results focused, provide strategic thinking, demonstrate the ability to influence and persuade, be adaptable and be able to provide business analysis.
For this role you will need experience of a similar role, presenting to boards, knowledge of CRM data/database and cloud systems experience and a strong understanding of data security and other compliance areas, along with experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing relationships with suppliers and contractors and developing a team.
A Degree level education in a related subject and development is essential along with an ITIL qualification or equivalent.
|Job Category||IT Support, Management|