Role: IT Systems 2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £28k – £30k
Locations: Newport Pagnell
A very pro-active MSP with a reputation for excellence based in Newport Pagnell is looking to grow its team with an IT Support Engineer with capability to 2nd line, to support a portfolio of clients across the Midlands and London areas.
Based in Newport Pagnell and reporting to the Service Manager and Director, the role will incorporate remote and onsite support to external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems. You will be troubleshooting, installing, maintaining and supporting a wide range of IT systems, typically between 1- – 150 users.
This will involve:
- To provide comprehensive 2nd line technical support, answering support queries via telephone, email, remotely and customer facing onsite.
- Provide support and mentoring to the 1st line analysts when necessary.
- Professional telephone conduct with proficient writing skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Maintain a high degree of customer focus for all support queries and to adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership and be proactive when supporting all Clients.
- To log and manage all incidents assigned to you in accordance with Service level agreements and KPI’s in the Call Logging systems.
- Support/consult Clients in the use of Technical equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Calm under pressure with a methodical outlook.
- Familiar working within the ITIL framework process driven environment.
- You will be a highly motivated, Customer focussed, 2nd Line Support Engineer that enjoys working in a Team environment. With 5 or more year’s commercial experience, and a proven track record in a Senior support role.
- You will need to be flexible to the needs of the business and show dedication to the task in hand through to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Operating systems, including Desktop O/S 7 – Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 – 2019.
- Knowledge of virtualisation including Hyper V and vSphere technologies are desirable, as well as good exposure to networking technologies which includes full understanding of Networking Protocols and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Proficient experience with administering and maintaining Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- You will also have a sound understanding of configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining routers, firewalls and switches.
- Microsoft Office 365 suite, with security, collaboration and communication knowledge. SharePoint skills are also highly desirable
- PowerShell and some scripting experience would be highly advantageous.
- Some familiarity with Windows Azure would also be desirable.
- Any ITIL, Microsoft, Cisco or Apple qualifications would be beneficial to your application.
Overall, this is an excellent opportunity for a Support Engineer seeking to utilise and expand their experience within this rewarding forward-thinking organisation.
|Job Category||IT Support|