Role: Outsource Manager
Salary: £50k – £60k + Benefits
A well-established manufacturing firm with a reputation for excellence is seeking an experienced Outsource Manager to identify and manage a supplier base to provide outsourced product in line with demand and quality standards within a commercial price agreed and to meet all compliance and regulatory requirements within the industry.
The role of Outsource Manager is a pivotal role within this furniture company in maintaining the quality relationships built with suppliers and reports to the Operations Director with 4 direct reports and works closely with the Quality Assurance Manager, the Supply Chain Manager, Design and the FD. This will involve:
- Ensuring International suppliers are sourced to meet the needs of the business.
- Manager outsource supplier relationships.
- Set quality standards in all suppliers and manage the Far East team to ensure quality standards are set and maintained.
- Negotiate cost and maintain costs that are competitive to meet the company’s objectives.
- Ensure systems are in place to know what current lead times are and to maintain lead times are and to maintain those lead time plans especially during supplier holiday breaks and National holidays.
- Maintain the integrity of the design and work with all the suppliers and specifically in the Far East by managing the Chinese Technical Manager ensuring local production efficiencies are not compromised.
- To be aware of and comply with the latest Legislation with regards to the environment, in line with UK, EU and Worldwide environmental and sustainability issues that affect the supply chain.
- Project manage and help the NPI coordinator to ensure plans are put in place so that Outsourced Projects can be properly managed, and expectations are met and pre-empt any potential risks to the project.
- Manage and motivate the Outsourcing Team and monitor against agreed annual objectives.
- Manage the collection and reporting of necessary material and product test data required by the industry and local, national or international legislation.
- Work within Health & Safety policies.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager and his team to ensure they understand what is required to service the chosen suppliers and to manage their issues with suppliers when necessary.
The multi-faceted role of Outsource Manager requires experience in Operational or Logistics/Production/Planning background, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Strong problem-solving skills, knowledge of supply chain, quality assurance, production and distribution challenges are essential for this role along with the ability to develop strong relationships with suppliers across multi-cultural environments with integrity and compliance within commercial budgets.
The role will need to be able to be within striking distance of an airport and able to travel extensively abroad.