Role: Payroll Administrator
Salary: £20k – £26k + bonus and benefits
A specialist company based in Oxford providing HR and Payroll support to a range of industries and clients is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join their friendly team.
Reporting to the Director, the role of Payroll Administrator will involve processing payrolls using STAR, their payroll software and meeting the regular deadlines.
This will involve:
• Processing of client payrolls weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual
• Dealing with HMRC on a regular basis
• Working closely with clients to deal with payroll issues
• Operating the STAR Payroll Package
• Carrying out auto enrolment admin for clients through our payroll software
• Dealing with starter checklists, P45 and other relevant HMRC forms
• Carrying out End of Year procedures
• Online filing to HMRC
• Manipulation of spreadsheets
• Billing clients
• Developing trusted relationships with clients through the provision of excellent service and regular contact
• Keeping abreast of new legislation
• Assisting in developing and improving processes and services which enhance our offering to clients
• Undertaking any other tasks which may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the service
• Any other duties which are necessary for the efficient and effective running of the payroll service.
The ideal candidate will be studying towards their CIPP qualification and seeking a career in payroll.
Previous experience in a payroll environment as a Payroll Administrator is desired, but not essential, however team skills, excellent communication skills and strong IT skills are essential along with a good customer service focus and the ability to meet deadlines working calmly under pressure.
Excellent benefits, study package and bonus is available to the successful candidate.