Role: Pension Administrator
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £18k – £22k
A Financial Service Company that is creating new teams to service their Pension offers, is seeking a Pension Administrator to provide support to customers in accordance with the regulatory requirements and agreed service levels, company and team objectives.
The role of Pension Administrator will ensure all the transactions needed for the pension schemes are completed to the highest standards within the service levels with responsibility for a specific portfolio of clients providing diligence towards each and every activity and to follow procedures in all the pension transactions, from new business set up, to investments, dealing with banking and pension contributions, retirement and death etc. This will involve:
• Work in conjunction with the team to ensure all work is carried out to the highest quality, and within the service levels laid down.
• Provide support to the line manager to ensure the overall team objectives are met. Take responsibility for individual tasks, and action them within the required timescales.
• Take responsibility for individual tasks, and action them within the required timescales.
• Escalate any problems, mistakes, backlogs, or issues immediately to line manager.
• Report any breaches or complaints immediately to line manager and to Compliance
• Where risks are identified, ensure these are documented and reported to the line manager and compliance
• Contribute to process reviews, constantly seeking ways to streamline and improve the way in which we deliver the service
• Maintain good business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ensure all requests and work received from clients and IFAs are processed in line with laid down procedures, within regulatory timeframes and meet company service levels and standards and service level agreements.
• Ensure clients receive regular and effective communication which is professional and delivered to the highest standards.
• Work the necessary hours to ensure work is completed with agreed Service Levels
• Maintain and develop good business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Take responsibility for own development, initiate own Personal Development Plan and achievement of Performance Appraisal objectives
• Achieve and maintain competence as required by the Company’s Training and Competence Scheme.
Previous experience working within the Financial Service sector is desired, but full training will be given. As a Pension Administrator you will need to have strong MS Office skills including Excel, good organisational skills, be numerate and have excellent interpersonal and team skills. Integrity and a conscientious approach is essential.