Role: Release Engineer
An award-winning company based in Oxford is seeking a Release Engineer to join their team in Oxford to be instrumental in providing an innovative product to support to the medical industry and care industries where acute care is required.
Growing from strength to strength, the role of the Release Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and support the technical teams in optimising the release process within a regulated environment, identifying any areas which are slowing the team down or reducing reliability of the solution, developing the solutions or find ways to improve the systems in collaboration with the team. Working in a pro-active way and forward thinking will be a central part of the role, possibly creating new test systems in Jenkins or working closely with the team to agree a test plan for a new feature.
The pivotal role of Release Engineer within this company growing at pace requires an adaptable approach to avoid over-engineering a solution to find a compromise for the current phase of growth and will require the following attributes:
- Pragmatic, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment where priorities may change quickly
- Flexible approach, not dogmatic
- Able to use lightweight processes to support strong cultural values
You will have experience of:
- Linux environments (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Jenkins & CI/CD systems
- Automation and/or scripting
- Web and mobile testing frameworks
You will likely have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another related subject
- Software development in a regulated environment (e.g. ISO13485)
- Several years’ experience of software development or test automation in a professional environment
An excellent competitive salary and benefits package working within a modern, flexible working environment with an entrepreneurial team.
|Job Category||Release Engineer|